samedi 15 septembre 2018

L’OREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION REVIEW

L’OREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION REVIEW

DSC_8519Who knew makeup could be so controversial. I recently posted a picture of the L’oreal True Match foundation over on The Beautiful Truth Facebook page and to say there was a real split in people’s opinions would be an understatement. I couldn’t believe how strongly people would feel over a foundation!!! So many people not only didn’t like this foundation but absolutely hated it!! The complaints most people had was how it wore on the skin. Many found that it slid off their face throughout the day, or it went patchy. I have to say, I didn’t hold out much hope for this foundation, but ladies, I have to say, the L’Oreal True Match foundation really has blown me away. I absolutely love it!!
L’Oreal have recently reformulate and relaunched their True Match foundation. I personally haven’t tried the original foundation, so it is hard to compare between the two.
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 9.27.35 p.m.Shade Range: When choosing a shade from the True Match range, I found that there was so many shades to pick from that it got a little confusing. Try and get to a counter that has a good selection of testers, as I found a few stands I went to, the testers had been stolen. I mean who does that!!!
There is 21 shades in the range, so there literally is a shade to suit everyone! I wear 3d Golden beige and found it to be a decent shade match to my Mac NC 25. It is a little warmer and marginally darker, but I really like the shade with my skin tone.
DSC_8522Packaging: The foundation comes in a glass bottle. While it looks lovely and sleek, I found that the head and cap got very dirty. In fact I couldn’t take a picture of the foundation with the cap on, as the sellotape  that secured the lid to the bottle in the shop had made the cap so dirty, that no amount of scrubbing was getting it clean.
DSC_8521I found that the pump itself was good, as it gave out a really decent amount of product, that you weren’t over pumping product and it didn’t drip either.
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 10.28.16 p.m.Texture: I found this to be an incredibly smooth foundation. The texture is so silky when applied to the skin and it really blends so easily. In fact, I like h0w this applies so much, I have found myself reaching for this over all my high end foundations.
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 10.29.18 p.m.Finish: I adore the finish on this foundation. I just love how it leaves the skin looking flawless. It is not a matte, nor is it a dewy finish, instead it is somewhat of a satin finish, but it just gives such a beautiful smooth finish to the skin, with a radiance rather than glow. I really love how my skin looks when wearing this foundation.
Skin Type: I am a little stumped as to what skin type this would best suit. I have combination skin and found that it didn’t cling to any dry patches, nor was there wear down in my oily areas. I would however think if you’re very oily of very dry, this might not suit you.
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 10.30.26 p.m.Coverage: This is a good medium coverage. While it gives good coverage to the skin, it still allows the skin to show through, but in a flawless way.
Lasting Power: This is the best budget foundation that I have tried for lasting power. It stays but all day, with just the usual wear down around the mouth. No matter what foundation I wear, I seem to get wear down around the mouth. Must be all the talking I do!! Honestly I found that this foundation still looked the same after a full days work.
Price:  €14.99 on all L’Oreal stands, but boots often have offers on L’Oreal products. You can buy it online here.
This has been the budget foundation I have been searching years to find. I love this foundation. Like I mean really love it. I love the finish, coverage, lasting power and the warmth it gives my face. I do however know that this is not going to be for everyone. However, considering the price point, I really think it is worth trying, because if it suits you, you really will hit the jackpot with this. I have a feeling that the L’Oreal True match is going to be the budget foundation I repurchase again and again

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire